I’ve been running this blog for some years now. Some of you have been around as long as this blog has, whereas many of you are newer. It’s been fun to watch the blog following grow, to see which articles rank highly in Google (not always the ones you’d expect!), and, of course, to see which articles will strike a chord with readers. Even a psychologist like myself can’t often predict how people will react to a particular article, and that’s half of what makes it so FUN…
There are articles I wrote years ago that I completely forgot about, and some that are even older but still get comments. There are some that get few to no comments, and others that get tons. So, for fun, I thought I’d write up a partial list of this blog’s most popular articles.
Greatest Number of Comments
Whether or not they get lots of page views, some articles generate more than the usual number of comments here, either because the topic was one people could really relate to, or because the topic was controversial or otherwise pecked at some deeper issues. Here are a few:
- A whopping 135 comments and still getting them on a weekly basis
- This article justifies why Dating the Divorced Man (my first book) needed to be written, and why I’ll probably put out a 2nd Edition soon…
- 26 comments, including one today, despite the article being three-and-a-half years old
- This topic resonated with both men and women
- 23 comments
- An interesting and somewhat controversial issue, even in this day and age…
- 22 comments
- This isn’t a controversial issue, but it’s a painful one. This one also has a Part 2…
Greatest Number of Page Views
Some articles get fewer comments but far more page views. Interestingly, several of these articles are geared toward dating after a divorce, a topic that you don’t realize how important it is until you’ve been divorced (or dated someone who has).
- This is the most-viewed article on this site, by a decent margin. Which is decent evidence that women are just as clueless about knowing when a man’s interested as men are with women’s interest. It was certainly true for me when I was younger.
- This is an article tackling dating during separation, this time offering advice to men, instead of women.
- This is a HUGE, IMPORTANT topic that no one talks about, other than to say it’s not a good idea. The popularity of this topic prompted me to write Back In The Game: Succeeding With Women After a Divorce
- This one had fewer views than the others on this list, but still a surprisingly large number considering how recent it is.
- This is a fascinating topic that we could go on and on about…
- These are both linked above because they are they also hold the largest number of comments.
- They are the 2nd and 3rd most viewed articles on this blog.
Enjoy, everyone. Feel free to leave comments… and have a great Halloween!